UPI (Unified Payments Interface) is a payments system just like a cheque, your debit card, or a mobile wallet. You could use UPI apps to send money to the bank accounts of friends and family or to pay your landlord, or to make a payment at a shop, or to buy something online. The money will be debited from your bank account, and transferred to the recipients account instantly and securely. In other words it is a form of online money transfer.
UPI payment apps are the easiest way to transfer money online. There is no need for complicated account number and codes. You don’t need to add and remove recipients. All you require is a simple UPI code from the recipient. There are some more advantages of UPI apps that make it the best payment gateway. Here’s what they are.
1. Convenient: Running to ATMs or waiting in bank queues is quite a task. With the UPI app you can simple carry your wallet on your mobile phone. You don’t need to use your cards let alone cash.
2. Discounts: Since demonetization a lot of platforms offer special discounts for those who choose to pay through a UPI payment app. There are discounts even at fuel stations, on online purchase of railway and flight tickets and even on shopping sites. Even some restaurants and eateries offer special discounts for those using UPI payment apps.
3. Easy tracker: There is no need for you to go to an ATM or the bank to get a statement of your spending. You already have it ready on your phone.
4. Low risk: It’s simple to block your mobile wallet if your phone is ever stolen. The same can’t be said about cash, because there is no way to track where and how your money gets spent.
5. Easy payments: Getting change for high denomination notes is always a problem. With a UPI payment app you don’t need to worry about change you can transfer the exact amount incurred.