The hoisting equipment is usually used for lowering and lifting specific loads. While The lowering and lifting is carried out with the help of a chain or rope of a specific kind, the customer is usually provided option of either electrically or manually moving the loads. Some of the hoisting equipment can be lifted pneumatically as well. Some of the other features of the crane hoisting equipment are-
• The user is required to hook the load to hoist for lifting. The two primary features in the hoist are the type of power and the lifting medium.
• The power for lifting is provided by either air driven motors, electrical power, or either hydraulics.
How Does the Wire Rope Hoist a Valuable Equipment?
It is very common to see heavy material handling equipment in large factories and huge construction sites. The cranes and hoisting equipment should be compulsorily used in such places. Since this hoisting equipment are used to lift heavy load, they make the tasks for the employees or floor-level workers easy. The only alternative to using hoisting equipment is manual lifting, which is not an easy task at all. Rope hoists are usually seen in such places where heavy loads are seen.
• Every hoisting equipment comes in the form of wired ropes, sheaves, or pulleys and are available in different shapes and sizes. Each shape and size is used for a unique application. Also, a wire rope hoisting equipment ensures that the number of accidents due to heavy loads are significantly reduces. Along with this, using rope hoisting equipment reduces the overall effort and time of the user.
• Since the hoists are available in different shapes and sizes, users can find the right one for the job in their hands.
• In addition to this, there is an advanced mechanism that completely uses complex scientific logic and can be used overall to accomplish the desired task in hand.
• The hoisting equipment is very useful and ensures that different heavy tasks can be performed in a cost-efficient manner.
Capacity of Hoisting equipment
The capacity of crane hoisting equipment can range up to 30 tons. Along with being the best suited for lifting high loads, this equipment can be used frequently as well. The other capacity characteristics are-
• This hoisting equipment has excellent capacity and can withstand a lot of heat due to the presence of big components like controls, body, and gears.
• The strength of the wire rope used in the hoisting equipment is usually defined based on the size of the wire rope, the weight per foot, the recommended working load, and the nominal strength of the entire hoisting equipment.
Purchasing Hoisting equipment
There are a wide variety of factors that need to be considered while purchasing hoisting equipment. The primary important factors are the duty cycle and the capacity. The other factors that play an important role are the-
• The user should get a clear picture where the hoisting equipment will be used.
• The requirements should always be carried to understand the exact requirement. Some applications will require wire-based hoisting equipment while some applications might require electricity-based hoisting equipment. Hence, maintaining a list of these specifications while purchasing is very important.
• If the right kind of hoisting equipment is not chosen, the operator or the user will have a tough time in working with heavy loads.
• Electric hoisting equipment are very durable, but they cannot manage high duty cycles.
Different Types of Hoisting equipment
There is a different type of hoisting equipment found in the market and a few of them are-
• Wire rope hoists
• Rope hoists
• Electric hoists
• Building hoists
• Tower hoist