100 Million Americans have it in their bodies, right now, reeking havoc in every cell. 72 tons of it is placed directly in the mouths of North Americans each year.

It can contribute to major chronic degenerative diseases including heart disease, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, autism, chronic fatigue syndrome, kidney disease, and other neurological diseases, just to name a few.

Is it in your mouth? It might have been put there innocently by a well-intentioned dentist many years ago. But now, more and more research is showing that this toxic substance may be causing untold damage to your entire system. And the only way to eliminate the risk is to eliminate the substance from your body, safely and thoroughly.

The substance is Mercury. Mercury is the most toxic, non-radioactive heavy metal on the planet, more toxic than lead. According to the World Health Organization, or W.H.O, there is no known safe level of mercury for humans. The tiniest amount of mercury entering the body can inflict widespread damage to cells, tissues and organs.

While mercury can enter our bodies through many environmental avenues, the W.H.O. data shows that mercury released from amalgam fillings is, by far, the primary source of exposure. In fact, the W.H.O. estimates that exposure from amalgams is 6 to 7 times greater than exposure from fish or other food sources and 400 to 500 times the level of exposure from the environment.

“The controversy regarding amalgam fillings has been raging for over 100 years. Yet one thing is clear: the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration have both declared the mercury in amalgam fillings as a toxic, dangerous substance, that should not be touched or released into the environment. OSHA requires that dental amalgam materials be stored in unbreakable, hazardous waste containers, away from heat and no one should handle amalgam material without protection. If OSHA has determined that the mercury release from amalgam is so dangerous that it can’t be touched, then why in heaven’s name are we putting this stuff in our mouths?”

Mercury’s most profound health damage is inflicted upon the central nervous system, the tissues in the brain and spinal chord. We now know that mercury from amalgam/silver fillings can contribute to many health problems. Most frightening perhaps is that mercury can pass through the placenta of a pregnant woman and infiltrate the fetus’ central nervous system. Mercury from amalgam fillings can also pass from breast milk to a nursing newborn.

Because of Mercury’s extreme toxicity it will not be enough just to have your mercury/amalgam filings removed and replaced. While it is possible to remove amalgam fillings and replace them with a safe, non-toxic composite, removal must be done using a rigorous protocol in order to eliminate potential mercury exposure when taking out the fillings.