Mechanical engineering has witnessed a great number of advancements in the process and techniques. Earlier, the domain only believed in manufacturing required parts of vehicles, but now the techniques have changed so much that they emphasis on improvisations. Every section of this domain demands a better process and Vehicle Armoring is one such thing. The increase in anti-social activities in and around the world has led to the development of security department too. Nowadays, the goal is to develop safe vehicles rather than fast or stylish ones. Because with advancement in technology comes great responsibility to make the things safe and secure for you.
What is Vehicle Armoring?
It is the process of replacing usual parts of a vehicle with the ones which are much safer and is resistant to extreme situations like fire accidents and bullet firing. The doors and windows are particularly replaced by good quality glass and frames to keep the traveler safe from such sudden extremities.
An armored car does not look any different from the standard ones, but they surely have altered body panels which are embedded with armor plates to sustain large accidents. From top to bottom, these cars are designed to protect the traveler from even the toughest situations.
Basic components involved in Vehicle Armoring
- Battery, engine, and ECM have always been an integral part of the vehicle which needs to be kept safe from external abrasions and injuries. This is the priority when a vehicle is armored. These parts are particularly covered with good quality armor plates to sustain any type of injuries without any tampering of these three components.
- The next priority is to make the vehicle blast proof against the simultaneous detonation of two hand grenades. Sounds weird but this situation is also taken into account while armoring the roof and wall of the vehicle.
- An operable ballistic window is installed in the armored vehicle because usually the attacks are done through windows only. A double layer frame is designed with bullet proof glass and durable metallic frames to protect against bullet firing as well as a sudden blast.
- The door hinges are even rougher and tough in nature. It is made up of sustainable metallic parts and has perfect alignment support.
- How can one forget the wheels during armoring? The wheels are inserted with flat and broad metallic rim to keep the vehicle in motion even if the tires are damaged.
- The firewall protection is embedded in each and every corner of the vehicle to keep the occupants safe from any kind of accident.
- The seam of large ballistic doors overlaps just like the operable ballistic windows. It keeps the structure of vehicle intact during the extreme conditions. Also, it is made sure that overlapping matches the vehicle interior.
- The last but not the least, the suspension system is reinforced to neutralize the weight which is added due to armor. It is made sure that vehicle does not lose its balance even when the armoring increases its mass.
In the light of aforesaid facts, we can conclude that Vehicle Armoring is a wonderful to keep the travelers safe from any sort of natural as well as human-made calamities.