Yum! Brands, the parent company of fast food chains KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell held a conference call on July 17, 2014 with investors and analysts, following the release of its second quarter earnings report.
Here are 5 things the company revealed:
- KFC is testing out free Wi-Fi in some restaurants, and it’s looking to roll out a new mobile app to let customers pre-order and use electronic payments.
- KFC may have its roots in Louisville, Kentucky but over 90% of its profit comes from outside the United States. It delivered a solid second quarter led by its international performance. In fact, KFC expects to open at least 650 new units outside the United States this year.
- Pizza Hut sales really dragged during the fiscal second quarter, so the chain is looking to reignite sales by launching a new ad-blitz “designed to better connect with millennials.”
- Pizza Hut may roll out more deals in the near future as it said it intends to “sharpen our focus on value.”
- Taco Bell will be introducing mobile ordering and it’ll broaden the hugely successful breakfast offerings, which it launched in March, with more products that are currently in development.