Hey, Seriously FAB friends! Now, don’t get me wrong, anytime is a great time for a salad, but there’s just something about warmer weather that really makes me crave a crisp and refreshing bowl of color! I think salads are such a great way to be creative with your ingredients and are literally the ultimate in organic skin care! When you understand how to use food and ingredients to benefit your skin; and pair it with a high-quality Broad Spectrum sunscreen, like our ZINC IT OVER™ sunscreen hydrating facial mist (shameless self-promo), the results are an ultimate anti-aging skin regiment.
- Kale– hailed as “the queen of greens,” Kale boasts an army of skin-healthy soldiers including Beta-Carotene, Vitamin C, Copper, and Vitamin A.
- Chia Seeds– contains powerful antioxidants Vitamin E and Selenium which helps to protect skin from sun damage, sun spots, and cancer.
- Kiwifruit– a superfruit containing Vitamins C, E, A, K, and B!
- Red Peppers– contains phytochemicals and carotenoids, also richer in Vitamin C than most citrus fruits!
- Lemon– this citrus fruit contains high levels of the skin protecting antioxidant Vitamin C and Beta-Carotene.
- Tomatoes– a must have salad ingredient that delivers a high volume of Selenium and Lycopene.
- Berries– a tasty and healthy ingredient with Vitamin C, helping blemishes to heal properly, radiant skin and assists in collagen production.
I hope you try some of these salad recipes and let us know which one’s are your favorite. Remember, you can always switch up ingredients and make it your own. Your skin and overall health will benefit either way, so go ahead and get plenty of green! Which recipe are you most excited to try?